The Institute of Advanced Minimally Invasive Surgery conduct Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery courses in conjunction with the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of laparoscopic techniques for colorectal surgery.
- Identify outcome of laparoscopic surgery.
- Identify strategies how laparoscopic surgery can become integrated into a participant’s current surgical practice.
- Explain management strategies for intra- and post-operative complications.
General and colorectal surgeons, and advanced surgical trainees who have an interest in developing their laparoscopic skills for colonic and rectal resection.
All-day Live Surgery Session: Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery
Including lectures covering:
- Starting laparoscopic colectomy: Room-set up and port positions
- Case selection
- Managing the learning curve
- Techniques for right hemicolectomy
- Techniques for anterior resection
All day wet lab for laparoscopic colectomy
- Porcine laboratory 1: high anterior resection
- Porcine laboratory 2: high anterior resection
- Question and answer wrap up: avoiding pitfalls in laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Craig Lynch MBChB, MMedSci, FRACS
- Alexander (Sandy) Heriot MA MB BChir MD FRCS (Gen.) FRCSEd FRACS
- Audrey Yeo FRACS Covidien Colorectal Surgery Fellow
Click here to download our