|Assoc. Prof. Craig Lynch
A. Craig Lynch
MBChB, MMedSci, FRACS, FCSSANZ, FASCRS(INT)
Craig is a Colorectal Surgeon and Head of the Lower GI Service at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne, Australia, and Associate Professor at the University of Melbourne.
He completed his General Surgical Fellowship in New Zealand, with post-fellowship training in Colorectal Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, and St Vincent's Hospital in Melbourne. He holds a Masters degree in surgery and has published over 40 peer-reviewed manuscripts.
He is a Fellow of the Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and New Zealand and International Fellow of the American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons.
His current clinical practice includes the management of patients with advanced rectal cancer, and cytoreductive surgery with intraperitoneal chemotherapy.
He has extensive laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgical experience and recently completed the first series of robotic colorectal procedures in Australasia at Peter MacCallum.
Head, Lower GI Tumour Stream
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre,
- Honorary Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, St Vincent's Hospital, University of Melbourne
- Minimally invasive colorectal surgery
- Advanced and recurrent rectal cancer
- Cytoreductive surgery and intraperitoneal chemotherapy for peritoneal disease
- Robotic Colorectal Surgery
Assoc.Prof. Lynch operates at:
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Epworth Richmond Hospital
- Epworth Freemasons Hospital
- 1987 - 1991 University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, New Zealand
- 1989 - 1991 Christchurch Clinical School of Medicine
Unverity of Otago, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 1991 MB.ChB
- 1998 Master of Medical Science, University of Otago)
- 2001 FRACS
- Bowel Dysfunction Following Spinal Cord Injury
- Master of Medical Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Feb 2002 - July 2003 Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- January -December 2004 St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- 2009 Awarded Fellowship Colorectal Surgical Society of Australia and NZ
- 2010 Elected International Fellow of American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
Assoc. Prof. Craig Lynch full profile