Carolyn Atkin RN,BN,STN
Stomal Therapy Clinical Nurse Consultant
A Stomal Therapy Nurse is able to offer a comprehensive service to people who are
anticipating or have had surgery resulting in a stoma. The aim of this service is to support patients and their families, both physically and emotionally, promoting independence, confidence and improved quality of life.
Carolyn is available to provide:
- Preoperative counselling and stoma site selection.
- Education and support, including stoma care and pouch/appliance management.
- Clinical intervention - diagnosis and management of stoma problems and skin care.
- Assistance in obtaining the most appropriate equipment for stoma management.
- Dietary, travel and other advice for living with a stoma.